Friday, April 9, 2010

blog 8


Marina Abramović. Portrait with Flowers

I chose this image from Moma's site. I picked it because i feel it relates to feminist theory where women are always seen as girly and doing things such as gardening. It is a stereotypical image of a woman.






Edward Hopper, Early sunday morning, 1930





I chose this image because i feel that it shows political theory. I get this because it is a row of shops, yet the street is empty, there are no people buying things at these stores, giving a feeling that economic times were tough.











Alan B. Stone
Untitled (rue de la Commune, 'Sailor's Club')







I chose this image for the same reason as the image above. It gives a sense of political/social/economic theory because it is a Street in the daytime and is completely void of people and movement.

:::MY IMAGES:::



















I took this image on a rough day that i was having. When i realized that the light across the cement and bricks was interesting, i decided to photograph it. After looking back on it, it made me realize that i support myself and there is light where you least expect it.



















I picked this image because i was out one day taking pictures of all the dead landscape. (i do this to remind myself of the beauty in things we don't expect) This image interested me because it was tall, dead grass right by the littered highway, yet it is a beautiful and sunny day.
















This is another image i took on the same day as the first one. Because i was looking down so much from having a bad day, i saw shadows and compositions i wouldn't have seen otherwise. This is another reason that i try to remember that great things are everywhere if i remember to look for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment