Monday, April 12, 2010

blog #9


Cindy Sherman
Untitled Film Still #3




I chose this image because like in my work, Sherman always has a meaning for her images. While I don't always have feminist ideals behind my work like Sherman, I do make sure that the meanings are important to me like politics, social concerns, and economic issues.





IMAGES FROM THE ARCHIVES OF ROBERT VENTURI AND DENISE SCOTT BROWN




I picked this image from MOCA because of my recent road trip project. This image looks like a shot that i would have taken from my last project.






Edward Ruscha, Phillips 66, Flagstaff, Arizona, 1962, from Twentysix Gasoline Stations, 1963.











Again i chose this image because it relates to my last project. Not only is it a gas station, but I actually passed it in Arizona on my road trip. This image also created controversy when photography was becoming an artform. People thought these were documentary and shouldn't be classified as photography. In my work i like creating controversy as well.

:::my work:::














This is am image of mine that i wanted to make different from others like this. It is actually of my boyfriend, however i had him lay in a more feminine pose. Also to add another layer, i decieded to matte and frame this image backwards from the standard white matte black frame.
















This image i took of a friend of mine downtown. I wanted her to be alone in the image to show that women are strong and independent unlike the ideas that are put into our heads of needing to be dependent on someone all the time.



















This last image is one that is important to me. It shows a sense of journey to me and how hard the climb can be but that there is light at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment